• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for recommendation for .45 full size handgun

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
i am changing to carrying a .40 from a .45. But I want to still have a .45. So, I am looking for recommendations for a full size .45 that is cheap yet reliable. I am disabled with very limited income so cheap is a big deal but it will be for home defense so reliable is also important. Thanks for your help, if you happen to have a gun that fits those criteria and you no longer want it let me know. Must be willing to sell it for a good price as I am thrifty. Thanks for the help

Ruger has a new "American" pistol line that has a .45. It was $419 at Ga Gun Store in Gainesville.

X2. Great gun and can find one for a great price.

I know my buddies father loves his. Haven't shot it, but if it runs anything like my MP9, then it's a winner. I have yet to have a malfunction in mine (that wasn't purposely induced), in thousands and thousands of rounds.

I've only owned 2 .45's in my life, both 1911's. One was a an older Colt (old even when I had it back in the early 80's) that had been refinished but shot well and recently I had an RIA that also shot well.
The Rock Island 1911's are affordable and are a good entry-level .45 and if you get to a point where you can upgrade you can usually get what you paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom