• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for steal I-Beams/Support beams

Thanks for the update. I didn't know they stopped selling but they are installing a new shredder..
A massive shredder with a sorter.

More money in recycling and hardly any liability.

GaPwr just ran a 4140 feed for that bad boy that can eat 450 cars worth a day.
Unfortunately it's basically in my back yard since I'm at my Gran-Gran's old home place now.
I'm hoping it's not too noisy :confused:

A massive shredder with a sorter.

More money in recycling and hardly any liability.

GaPwr just ran a 4140 feed for that bad boy that can eat 450 cars worth a day.
Unfortunately it's basically in my back yard since I'm at my Gran-Gran's old home place now.
I'm hoping it's not to noisy :confused:

I was at Sam's house a few days ago and would have stopped by but didn't look like anyone was home. Give me a call one day and lets meet up.

looking to finish my basement but, I have a bow on the main support wall. I’ve read about using steel I-Beams to support the wall, so I can close it in and know it’s not going anywhere. Anybody know where I can find some steel that’s reasonably priced?

Come to think of it, 3clicks_Off 3clicks_Off has actually done what you are wanting to do. Might not hurt to talk to him about it.

Come to think of it, 3clicks_Off 3clicks_Off has actually done what you are wanting to do. Might not hurt to talk to him about it.
Yup.
Bought a beam made of the correct metal for a support beam and with correct arch for the application.
Sam and I set it in place using typical house support jacks.
Easy Easy

I was at Sam's house a few days ago and would have stopped by but didn't look like anyone was home. Give me a call one day and lets meet up.
I have an electric gate with NO controlled access from the road side except a remote. Just give me a call if you need in..... Or lay down on an air horn. Ha Ha
I'll get a camera and keypad up on the road side one day... Maybe

If the walls moved that much, you may have a drainage problem. Water building up can push on retaining walls.

If the walls moved at all, there definitely is a big problem. Walls do not bow or move in any properly designed and constructed house. Not normal.

Hydrostatic pressure will force water through, and no beam will fix that.

I have a feeling some grading is in order, but the main thing is to get this checked out by someone with the proper background. Little money for that will save a lot of trouble later.

Back
Top Bottom