• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for that entry level AR?

Ruger had a piston operated AR that went for a lot more $$. Also, they are coming out with a new one that has 5R rifling, 18" chf barrel, better recoil-reducing muzzle break, The 452 Elite trigger, FF handguard, Rifle length gas system, Magpul Furniture, blah, blah, .... You can pre-order now at sportsman's outdoor superstore for $549. https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/199005

Thanks BCM, I had the regular Ruger ar and sold it to get the new one. By the time I bought the elite trigger, hand rail and magpul I would have more in it than the one I bought

Totally get it, I already had BCM rear stock and grip, and a folding front sight/gas block installed before the mpr came out, so I was already "in". I really like the look of the plastic front handguard as well, so I couldn't see myself selling it. How do you like the new trigger as compared to the stock trigger in the 8500? I just ordered one yesterday, hasn't arrived yet.

I really like it. The old Ruger trigger felt like it had sand in it and tha actual trigger pull was very heavy. I have seen the elite trigger for 100 so for the money I think it is worth it. Mine feels like it is now around 4 pounds with very little take up. I have a Kidd trigger in a 10-22 that I only use off of a bench and it is about 1 pound

Back
Top Bottom