• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for the best factory load 243 for hunting.........

mhayes

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
43   0
Reaction score
ok, so I know I am opening Pandora's box for all kinds of arguments. But I am not looking to start all that. Just looking for a few suggestions on you guys that experience with different loads and bullet weights and styles. I don't reload, so I am looking for a off the counter box. My kids have been hunting with my old 243 for years. I didn't use it much for deer and that's what they are hunting for. It's been accurate with all brands and has done a good job. But in the past I just bought what was on sale that I had shot before and knew was accurate in the gun. I am needing to order some new rounds for it and was knocked over when I went online to order. The federals that I had last year were either in the 90 or 100 grain range. I believe I want to stay with that, 8o on the low side. These are for my kids that are usually pretty accurate on their shoots. But I want to leave room in here for an accidental marginal shot. I get that I will need to test different brands and bullets for accuracy. But let's take that out of the equation.. this is about all around performance, knock down, and lethal performance. Thanks to all for your input.

This will be a Winchester model 70 bolt gun as well if that matters.

Matt

I haven't used it yet but I will by trying the new Winchester Dear Season XP in .243 this year in 95 grain. It was designed for Whitetail, Blacktail, Mule Deer and Antelope.

I only use RIP ammo.

ea1dkjkwx8xu3q_small.jpg

What?

Back
Top Bottom