• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for the fellow in Newnan that cast Bullets

I've got a Lee 452-300 mould that I have used for heavy 45 colt loads and my muzzleloader. I also have a sizer to size them to .454. I don't have any gas checks but I am sure we can work something out if you really need some. I can even spray powder coat them if you like.

Currently loading .452 but i do have some .454 but I have not tried them yet to see if there's any accuracy difference.
If you decide to load .454", pick up a .452" expander ball for your belling die. Otherwise, the brass case will swage your
.454" bullet to .450". Expander balls are typically .002" smaller than the bullet you intend to seat.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've got a Lee 452-300 mould that I have used for heavy 45 colt loads and my muzzleloader. I also have a sizer to size them to .454. I don't have any gas checks but I am sure we can work something out if you really need some. I can even spray powder coat them if you like.

FWIW: Seems that there are differences in the gas checks used on plain base projectiles, also a "watchit" on using Lee Sizer Dies and Gas Checks ...

http://www.sagesoutdoors.com/gas-checks/aluminum-gas-checks/

I am following this as I load .45LC and am always interested in finding good sources of reasonably priced projectiles (also pleased to help a fellow ODT'er make a buck or two!)

Back
Top Bottom