Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. 10 Year Anniversary Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 1, 2021 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for tips/videos on crossing a slackline

Thread in 'Competition Corner' started by D.Snitterman, May 29, 2020.

1. D.Snitterman

D.Snitterman Outdoorsman

New guy here, looking forward to the Gun Run in Clinton. A little concerned that I don't know how to cross a slackline. Got any tips? I've seen some go on top, some hanging from below, but never having done it before and no foreseeable way to practice I'd like to have some pointers before/if I encounter one at the actual event.

Thanks to TwoBlueScrews for introducing me to this site. Look forward to participating.

2. D.Snitterman

D.Snitterman Outdoorsman

Though the course details aren't posted, these things seem to be a staple in RnG so I'm assuming there will be one, and I'm just hoping to mitigate the impending embarrassment on this portion of the race.

mikefromphilly and palmettomoon like this.
  3. ponyboy96

ponyboy96 Frontiersman

Rating
    100%
    Walk it if you have the balance.

Ranger crawl on top is probably the easier way.

Hang from underneath and pull across. Probably the easier to do, but burns the most energy.

Then there is the preferred method of using a carabiner and zip across. Personally this is cheating to me, but if it’s allowed, definitely do it.

4. Burdy

Burdy ODT Co-Founder

Owner
    Rating
    100%
    Welcome to the site. Also pretty cool you found the ODT through my website and/or IG. Not sure if there is going to be a slackline and the two R&G's I have done did NOT have one. However, if I had to do one, I would most likely put my feet up top and pull across. If it was very short and I thought I could make it, I would likely just use my arms like monkey bars. Whatever the obstacle is, don't be afraid not to complete it. If you can't complete the obstacle of course there will be a time penalty, but it won't keep you from moving on if you have to skip it. If this is your first event, as hard as it may seem, I would slow down and smell the roses and take it all in with no real big expectations. This will make it much more enjoyable for you and for the next one, after you have one under your belt, you can really prepare and adjust your kit according to your experience and set some real goals.

5. D.Snitterman

D.Snitterman Outdoorsman

LOL.

6. D.Snitterman

D.Snitterman Outdoorsman

Hot damn this is some sage advice. Thanks for this. You introduced me to RnG on my now-deleted reddit account (outside of gun stuff that site is toxic trash and I started to hate myself for spending so much time on it), so yes, this will be my first.
    Thanks for everything, I'll send you a recap after - assuming I survive!

7. Burdy

Burdy ODT Co-Founder

Owner
    Rating
    100%
    Are you doing the one in SC in two weeks?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

8. D.Snitterman

D.Snitterman Outdoorsman

That's right

9. AFrayedKnot

AFrayedKnot Outdoorsman

Rating
    100%
  10. D.Snitterman

D.Snitterman Outdoorsman