• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking into buying a suppressor for my akv9

I run my ti-rant 45 on mine in 3 lug configuration and it's worked flawlessly. Being 45 it's not crazy overgassed. Mines a kp9 but it should work about the same.

Are you wanting hearing safe or maximum suppression? My Obsidian 45 is very quiet in long configuration, hearing safe in short, but I ended up getting Omega 9k for my 9mm carbines. It sounds the same as my Obsidian in short configuration, and is amazingly lightweight. It's 8.2oz with mount.

Stupid quiet is cool, but not noticing the extra weight on the muzzle is cooler.

Are you wanting hearing safe or maximum suppression? My Obsidian 45 is very quiet in long configuration, hearing safe in short, but I ended up getting Omega 9k for my 9mm carbines. It sounds the same as my Obsidian in short configuration, and is amazingly lightweight. It's 8.2oz with mount.

Stupid quiet is cool, but not noticing the extra weight on the muzzle is cooler.
The R9 is really quiet, short, and pretty dang light. 10.7 ounces. The CGS MOD 9 is also 10 ounces but longer, great pistol can for max suppression.

As a lefty my biggest concern is blow back. I’ve only shot one suppressor on a .223/5.56 11 inch and the blow back was so bad i only fired 2 rounds and swore off suppressors all together. With this said i now have an MPX I’m considering a suppressor on any idea which one would be the best fit for a guy with eye issues and can’t have any or extremely low blow back?

That’s a good question I hadn’t thought of. Considering how heavy the akv9 already is, I can sacrifice the extra quietness for less weight.

I run my ti-rant 45 on mine in 3 lug configuration and it's worked flawlessly. Being 45 it's not crazy overgassed. Mines a kp9 but it should work about the same.
Idk about the kp9 but akv9, unfortunately, has a non-concentric barrel so you can’t just throw on a 1/2-28 threaded suppressor without a specific part…what part that may be is obviously dependent on the suppressor. At least that’s what I gathered from the research I was doing last night…

Back
Top Bottom