• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to buy a dependable .22lr Semi-Automatic Handgun. Suggestions?

If you can find one, the Smith 422/2206 series of pistols are great. Solid build, super reliable, and fun to shoot. Can be converted for suppressor use easily. Your main problem will be finding a decent price and decently priced extra mags
Cool, never seen one. Thanks for adding to my wishlist...

Hello Fellow ODTers,
I am looking for a Semi-Automatic .22lr handgun. I have never owned one, but I have read quite a few articles and watched about 30+ videos on the pros and cons of semi-auto .22 handguns. I am looking for something fun, dependable, and durable. I have a plethora of firearms, but nothing that I can just plunk to my hearts content with. Now that .22lr is no longer in short supply, I want to just have that extra range you that I can shoot a couple hundred rounds through. Any suggestions? I would like to stay under $500.00. Anything higher than that and I would be better off just buying a .22lr conversion kit for my Glock 17. I appreciate the help.
Ruger Mark 2,3, or4

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Browning Black Label line of 1911 .22lr pistols. Probably my next acquisition.

10715.jpg

Several good guns on this listing and you couldn't go wrong with any of them. However, I'll cast my vote for the S&W 22C threaded version. They can be found for under $300 bucks new. The controls are all the same as the full power versions of the same pistol. They are awesome suppressor hosts (if that's a pool you swim in). They are lite and can be carried all day without it weighing 3 lbs like some of the metal guns. Good trainers for new shooters and a hoot to shoot for all.
And yes. Mine has a cheap light and Osprey micro 22 can on it for night time critter gettin'.
20170218_182235.jpeg

I think this is what I'm going to buy. I read up on all of the guns mentioned in this thread and watched about a dozen videos, and this is what I think will fit my needs.
You obviously missed my thread about the S&W 22 I had that was a complete POS that had to be sent back to them for re-barreling. Even after that it wasn't very accurate.

I'm another vote for the Buckmark. I've owned several in my life and really liked every one of them.

You obviously missed my thread about the S&W 22 I had that was a complete POS that had to be sent back to them for re-barreling. Even after that it wasn't very accurate.

I'm another vote for the Buckmark. I've owned several in my life and really liked every one of them.

I didn't see the post, I apologize. I haven't bought anything yet. I'm waiting to see if I can test fire a few different ones first, before I buy one.

Back
Top Bottom