• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking To Buy My First .223/5.56 Can

Shags

Default rank <2500 posts
Will Commit War Crimes for Scooby Snacks
38   0
Reaction score
Ok, I've heard conflicting things on .223/5.56 cans. I have surefire muzzle devices on all my ars but I've heard they leak gas. I'm looking for something for home defense, FA rated, and something rated for as short as a 11.85" barrel.

I have a Surefire SOCOM300SPS and I’m happy with it. No leaks that I notice. I use it on my .223, 5.56, .308, 300blk. Having to buy the flash hider/ adapters for all my guns sucked, but I can easily attach my can to any of them in a couple seconds.
Thanks for the info.

I have an innovative arms grunt-m. Direct thread, tough as nails. Lots of full auto out of a 10.5 through it over the years.

I wouldn’t use a warcomp. And honestly if you already have the surefire devices, it would be expensive to switch over. The good news is the Sierra 5 comes with a muzzle device; however, I haven’t shot mine enough to give it a solid pass. But it’s looking good! Surefire makes good cans though. If you decide you want one, hit me up and we can talk about it :) just be weary eforms are getting closer to 120 days now. But the longer you wait to get a can, the longer you risk that wait being.

Back
Top Bottom