• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to change insurance carriers, who should I use?

SchmittZoid

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery
282   0
Reaction score
Gents,

I've been with the "good hands" folks for way longer than I would like to admit. Pricing keeps creeping up and it's at the point now where I've just gotta look at other options. I'll need to transfer both automobile for three cars and homeowners.

I wish I was eligible for USAA, but unless they've just started offering coverage to "next door neighbors," that isn't an option for me.

Who do you recommend?

I've been at the Farm too long also.
I've been checking out USAA, Amica, Geico, & Progressive. I'm not sure about the quality of coverage with Progressive but have heard they get you in reasonably priced & crank up the price rapidly over a few years. With Amica, they are a true mutual insurance company. The quote for the first year was ungodly high but it falls off the longer you are with them. Have a friend that's been with them for 7-8 years & he is pleased. Yet, The sticker shock is real for starting up.

Gents,

I've been with the "good hands" folks for way longer than I would like to admit. Pricing keeps creeping up and it's at the point now where I've just gotta look at other options. I'll need to transfer both automobile for three cars and homeowners.

I wish I was eligible for USAA, but unless they've just started offering coverage to "next door neighbors," that isn't an option for me.

Who do you recommend?
Was your Dad in the military? If he was I believe you are eligible.

USAA is the only game in town. I have friends who work for different insurance companies and when they went into their spiel about how good their company was I let them know I had USAA. They immediately stopped an said they couldn't touch USAA. NO ONE has been able to touch USAA for me. I have been with them since 2000. If you can get on board- they are the best.

Too bad if you can't somehow qualify for USAA. I have high coverage amounts and pay very little annually on two cars for myself and my girlfriend. $133 per month.

Coverages.jpg

For auto, Geico is usually hard to beat.

For home I use Farm Bureau since they were significantly lower than the rest. They will make a big deal about insuring the car too, but skip that, their auto rates are too high.

Back
Top Bottom