• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to change insurance carriers, who should I use?

I had USAA for years, but switched to GEICO and saved about $200/year. Just price shopped them to my hometown Country Financial (formerly Cotton States) agent and she beat GEICO by $200 per year, so I'm switching again. I check around about every two years.

Good information. Insurance companies actually punish those who are long time customers with higher rates. Shop it every couple years and see the difference.

I do a competitive market annalists every three years, and compare the rates of at least 6 different company's.
Every 6 months lol ... ok, was with Liberty Mutual for the past year, but as always at the end of the period, they for no reason jacked the rates up. Switched back to GEICO, $60/month cheaper for same coverages. Unfortunately, it's a never-ending game. I've been with all the major ones, Progressive, Geico, Allstate, Mercury, Liberty Mutual - end of the period they like to raise the rates, and I will gladly shop around for an hour on the computer and save several hundred a year. Insurance is not difficult to buy.

I shop around every time they go up.
Usually find one a couple dollars cheaper and switch.
Probably not worth the hassle but it makes me feel better in the end (yep literally)
State Farm and Allstate about the same.
Geico cheaper on auto but not so on home.
I am with Travelers now and will wait/see if they also go up.
Clark Howard likes USAA an Amica.

Gents,

I've been with the "good hands" folks for way longer than I would like to admit. Pricing keeps creeping up and it's at the point now where I've just gotta look at other options. I'll need to transfer both automobile for three cars and homeowners.

I wish I was eligible for USAA, but unless they've just started offering coverage to "next door neighbors," that isn't an option for me.

Who do you recommend?

Progressive is good to their insureds. They fight claims pretty hard, but generally not to the point of putting you at risk. Cincinnati is considered the best, but they only write policies with high limits.

Had usaa for years, switched to Geico two cars 2 bikes saved about 300 a year, good people to deal with. Tried house insurance with them but no good, could not beat farm bureau.

Back
Top Bottom