• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to do some good!

I volunteered to pet & feed the animals at the local animal shelter. Since I wasn't being sent there as court-ordered community service, and was literally just volunteering, they would have let me come just to feed and pet and brush the animals.
However, they required that I submit to, and pay for, a criminal background check.
I told him I'm an attorney and a member in good standing of the State bar of Georgia. They didn't care.
Well, turns out I wasn't all that interested in helping out at their facility after all!

I volunteered to pet & feed the animals at the local animal shelter. Since I wasn't being sent there as court-ordered community service, and was literally just volunteering, they would have let me come just to feed and pet and brush the animals.
However, they required that I submit to, and pay for, a criminal background check.
I told him I'm an attorney and a member in good standing of the State bar of Georgia. They didn't care.
Well, turns out I wasn't all that interested in helping out at their facility after all!
I got the same routine when I went to volunteer. Told them I really do not need the volunteer work after-all.

Will look into that.

Stop and help that guy broke down on the side of the road.
I've done things like this a few times along the way and when they try to compensate me, I tell them to pay it forward. But be sure to be safe while doing these deeds, you never know what they have in mind to do to you

My wife and I are members of Locust Grove FBC. Through the church, we try to identify 1-2 families each month that are struggling, sick, overwhelmed, etc. We prepare and deliver a full course home cooked meal for them. We’ve had to opportunity to meet some really cool people (Henry County LEO who was shot, cancer patients who have since passed) and their families. They are truly appreciative and it fills our need to serve others and get to talk with them on a first name basis. I would highly recommend something like that. Maybe a yard clean up day for an older person? Good on ya for wanting to help others.

Back
Top Bottom