• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to get a Glock 19 what gen do you all recommend?

814EF5C3-CBC7-4987-B7CC-87FA3A49A8B9.gif

I go with Gen. 3. The reason being, Gen. 4's frame MAY BE slightly thinner under the barrel portion than a 3. I watched a video once on YouTube showing a Gen 4 weapon flexed ever so slightly if you were carrying a light on the rail. That flex caused the weapon to stove pipe.

On the Gen. 4 Glock issued a recall, blaming the stovepiping on a Return Spring Assembly. Glock will provide and install a new one for you free if it is one of the affected weapons.

If you buy the 4 and have to put in a new RSA, it's no big deal, but for me it's a 3.

I've put a lot of rounds through gen 3 and 4. I don't like to have extended controls on any gen 3 because personally I've released a few mags in an iwb holster moving around. I really like the back straps on the 4's because I grip it real high and it keeps my fat hands out of the slide. Also like the stock mag release and slide stop on the gen 4.

I think the finish is tougher on older gen 3's vs the 4. As far the frame flexing on gen 4, I have over 10k rounds through a gen 4 19 with a streamlight tlr1 on it, zero issues. I also like the dual recoil spring on the 4 over the 3. I may be imagining it but when I test them with the same ammo back and forth, the recoil is just a little different. not sure if any of that helps. I won't be buying any more gen 3 glocks, just 4, 5, and mos for me.

Edit* Grip texture is way better on 4's over the 3's. No need for Talon Grips or anything on the 4's in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom