• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to get rid of ALL of my class 3 firearms and cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you’re under legal/judicial pressure the dumping/destroying doesn’t make sense.
Looking to move and don't want to fill out more paperwork asking permission. I'm tired of asking permission. These things control our lives. Does that make sense?

Real answer. I get you. I’ve moved with NFA and it’s a pain in the ass.

Return the SBRs ribbon-NFA configuration and sell the uppers and kits. The lowers aren’t worth much unless they are rare but likely have your engraving. So either keep jut the lower, sell, gift, or cut up.

The cans require 2 stamps to transfer out of state. But only one stamp in state. Used cans aren’t worth much so I’d trade them into a local NFA dealer and be done with it.

I always buy NFA knowing that it’s a sunk cost. Unless you have something rare or unique it’s just a waste of $200. I’ve spent more than that on a dinner and that literally turned to poop.

My 22 can isn’t worth the $200 the stamp would cost anymore. My other cans I would sell the mounts online and make more than the tube is worth. Sbr AR lowers can just get destroyed

Are they all broken?
Gotta give it to you Bypass Bypass , you are either all in or all out.
This thread, and the responses, further enforces why I will never own any NFA items. Always stunned by the number of people who grovel through all that. But I get it, they are cool.

See this is one of those statements that are either genuine and one can relate to, or a brilliant public denial of owning them without "permission" 😂

"I'll never own an NFA item"

*Looks at 3 AR's with 14.5" barrels and the spicy third hole drilled in the lower*

"Ain't NFA if they don't know about em"

Real answer. I get you. I’ve moved with NFA and it’s a pain in the ass.

Return the SBRs ribbon-NFA configuration and sell the uppers and kits. The lowers aren’t worth much unless they are rare but likely have your engraving. So either keep jut the lower, sell, gift, or cut up.

The cans require 2 stamps to transfer out of state. But only one stamp in state. Used cans aren’t worth much so I’d trade them into a local NFA dealer and be done with it.

I always buy NFA knowing that it’s a sunk cost. Unless you have something rare or unique it’s just a waste of $200. I’ve spent more than that on a dinner and that literally turned to poop.

My 22 can isn’t worth the $200 the stamp would cost anymore. My other cans I would sell the mounts online and make more than the tube is worth. Sbr AR lowers can just get destroyed

I love that line …
. I’ve spent more than that on a dinner and that literally turned to poop.

BWAHAHA !!

See this is one of those statements that are either genuine and one can relate to, or a brilliant public denial of owning them without "permission" 😂

"I'll never own an NFA item"

*Looks at 3 AR's with 14.5" barrels and the spicy third hole drilled in the lower*

"Ain't NFA if they don't know about em"
Nope. There's nothing on the list worth the PITA or the extortion and I like my dogs.

You can sell them in state to another resident. Just follow the rules. I did this with a SMG and 2 older AAC cans years ago.
Once we did the paperwork and the buyer paid for them, receipt given, the wait began.
Took about 9 months and everyone was happy.
Never destroy or give to the gov.
A NFA dealer can do the transfer to them quick and you get paid quick.
I know Gables in Douglasville is always looking for NFA stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom