• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looks like Colt ain't givin' up....

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

These CCUs have been available since before the most recent bankruptcy and CZ acquisition.

I love Colt, but they are going to have to innovate or pull a Springfield and license something.

They have been stagnant, for all intents, since they bought the rights to the AR in 59.

There can't be anyone still working at Colt that was responsible for the Double Eagle and All American. With CZ backing them, they could do great things.

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk

Ask Glock. They are on the same trajectory with that Gen 3, then Gen 4 now Gen 5 rehash of the same old guns.
People and agencies still use glock en masse. A handful of people rarely using a product doesn't make it as relevant.

Glock knows what they do well and what sells. No one is complaining that chick fil a doesn't make a cheeseburger

People and agencies still use glock en masse. A handful of people rarely using a product doesn't make it as relevant.

Glock knows what they do well and what sells. No one is complaining that chick fil a doesn't make a cheeseburger

I was just replying to your post. Colt firearms work fine. So do Glocks. But they’ve done nothing special product wise for years which was your comment on Colt.

I was just replying to your post. Colt firearms work fine. So do Glocks. But they’ve done nothing special product wise for years which was your comment on Colt.
Gotcha. Yeah, I wish they'd pull something new out of their hat that was quality. Seems like their catalog is perpetually stuck in the 80s

At this point though, what can you release? A polymer frame striker fired gun?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

These CCUs have been available since before the most recent bankruptcy and CZ acquisition.

I love Colt, but they are going to have to innovate or pull a Springfield and license something.

They have been stagnant, for all intents, since they bought the rights to the AR in 59.

There can't be anyone still working at Colt that was responsible for the Double Eagle and All American. With CZ backing them, they could do great things.

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk

I don't think Colt has actually manufactured anything since the late 90s. I suspect S&W has been building their 1911s for them OEM for at least the last 30 years. Most of their AR parts have been OEM manufactured by other companies for a while. I know they made their own AR barrels for a while, but I haven't seen a new Colt manufactured barrel in the last 5 years.

I have wondered who is manufacturing their new snake guns for them. If I had to guess, I would say probably S&W.

S&W OEM manufactures for everyone.

Gotcha. Yeah, I wish they'd pull something new out of their hat that was quality. Seems like their catalog is perpetually stuck in the 80s

At this point though, what can you release? A polymer frame striker fired gun?

I doubt they will do much in that regard as CZ has most of that covered. I'd like to have seen a CZ Scorpion or SIG MPX type pcc from Colt 6 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom