• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looks like Colt ain't givin' up....

Colt is still an institution. At the end of the day people will still pay extra for that rampant colt. I do admit that their quality isn't what it was even 20-30yrs ago. The only exception is the single action army. The last ones I saw were still a work of art. Those Pythons look like they're pretty good overall too. The last autos pistol and rifle weren't the quality I'm used to with them

This is awesome marketing from Colt because all they're saying is they consulted with some special operations personnel when they were deciding how to spec out the pistol and here's what Colt decided to go with after hearing their input. They're trying to sell it to the general public consumer. We're the target audience, not the military, as far as I can tell.

This. Straight up marketing. As the article states, Colt worked with "US Special Forces Trainers" to design and build these.

Is that a trainer in the Special Forces, or someone who has trained Special Forces? A lot of private trainers have "trained" Special Forces. Heck, a "Special Forces Trainer" is probably on salary at Colt.

Oh, and to all the "Special Forces Operators want a 45 because it will put someone down when a 9mm won't" folks, please be advised that Colt offers these in .45 ACP and 9mm.

Of course, anyone who knows would know that if REAL Special Forces people had helped spec them, they would only be offered in Magpul Flat Dark Earth - the new black.

Looks like Colt has decided to enter a new arena.

Screenshot_2022-06-13-07-39-09.png

People and agencies still use glock en masse. A handful of people rarely using a product doesn't make it as relevant.

Glock knows what they do well and what sells. No one is complaining that chick fil a doesn't make a cheeseburger

Nope they just complain that SIG has 2 military contracts and they have to buy the spicy sauce trigger and curly-fry sights from the Arby's next door to make the meal taste good. I enjoy Chick-fil-A. I've got one right down the road I passed yesterday to eat at Fizolis. Today it was Papa John's. Tomorrow probably Del Taco. After that probably Georgia Bobs.
Eventually you get sick of chicken every day.

Might be an read

Nope they just complain that SIG has 2 military contracts and they have to buy the spicy sauce trigger and curly-fry sights from the Arby's next door to make the meal taste good. I enjoy Chick-fil-A. I've got one right down the road I passed yesterday to eat at Fizolis. Today it was Papa John's. Tomorrow probably Del Taco. After that probably Georgia Bobs.
Eventually you get sick of chicken every day.

Might be an read
I’d recommend a cardiologist with meal planning like that. Lol. Just kidding around sir!

Totally understandable but I'm not looking to make it to triple digits. If I can stick around 30 more years I'll be happy.
Just some food for thought. I can't tell you how many people have said that if I knew I was going to live this long I'd taken better care of myself

Back
Top Bottom