• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looks like Eddie Eagle instructor thing is goin great, possible second course in mind

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
The Idea of becoming a firearms instructor didn't so much come from a "tactical" sense as I still have MUCH to learn, but a definite safety stand point. Most of whats hurting our own ability to own and operate guns is either uneducated, or stupid people. So I talked to WIllr1 and protective measures for some advice and began my Eddie Eagle instructor idea. That was all fine and dandy, however the eddie eagle program stops at 3rd grade and teaches the "don't touch it" approach, which I'm fine with and it should be as so. However, children, teens and adults still need to know safe handling measures. So I looked up the NRA's course guide and found the "basic firearm safety in the home" instructor level course. IT'll run me about 200$ for the course and certification, and hopefully by doing a great job teaching Eddie Eagle the police department will be more than happy to give me a classroom for a second course. It'll be years before I even think of becoming a serious instructor teaching defense, but if I can reach out to the masses and uneducated and teach them how to be safe with the guns that are in the home, or how to teach their children the same respect I was taught and that I bestow onto my children, then just maybe I can save the 2nd amendment in a very small way. As mroe and more **** hits the fan, more and more people get guns and aren't proficient with them. Hopefully I can teach them just enough to prevent accidents in the home, such as the 12 year old boy that could have used such training...Eddie eagle could have saved him, firearm safety in the home could have saved his sister by teaching his mother the things to teach him.

Back
Top Bottom