• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looks like I probably have Rheumatoid Arthritis

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
How many folks here have it? I havent been officially diagnosed (sitting in the Rheumatologist office now) but had a "Dr. House" type diagnostic doctor diagnose me last week. I obviously hope thats not what I have but I'll take whatever the answer is, just to get an ANSWER. Whatever it is, has robbed me and cost me dearly in every area of my life. Im tired in just about every sense of the word.

I think i have this. I am only 49. I used to be super active, but in the last 2 years, my hips, knees, knuckles, elbows become stiff and hurt all the time. I typically do not go to the doctor and rarely take meds.

I think i have this. I am only 49. I used to be super active, but in the last 2 years, my hips, knees, knuckles, elbows become stiff and hurt all the time. I typically do not go to the doctor and rarely take meds.

You should get some blood work done. If all of your joints are aching it could very well be a symptom of elevated estrogen due to low testosterone. At 49 you'd be right in the age bracket for that. Elevated estrogen adds upper body fat (dangerous kind) and drains a man of his energy. It can also cause severe joint pain and is linked to a large percentage of early deaths in men.

The days of "I don't go to the doctor" and "I don't take medicine" and it be a bragging point are long gone. I'd suggest to do some research and let modern medicine help your quality of life. At 49, you could be in the best shape of your life with little to no pain or at least have the no pain part.

I don't know much about this.

Traditional DOCs want to give you scripts to mask the cause and treat symptoms.

Have you considered options such as:

https://www.drhomeo.com/tag/autoimmune-diseases/
Im only at the doctor to get a diagnosis. Once I know what it is, Im going to try and correct it by natural means. Diet, supplements etc. Im not interested in having 100 side effects while my Dr gets a kickback.

Same here. I have known for a while just from my research that I most likely have some form of an auto-immune problem. And knowing I wouldnt take any Rx for it, I figured theres no use in going to the doctor. But I need some kind of formal diagnosis so I can attack what ever it is properly.
Make sure theyve ruled out Lyme disease and other tick bite transmitted diseases.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Tested neg for that last year.
Dont think so but we will find out when the bloodwork comes back.
Symptoms usually show up within the 1st year of getting married. ;)
You will hear more about that in my "Know any good Shrinks on the southside?" thread...

Back
Top Bottom