• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looks like Ruger has been tweaking their precision rifle a little.

BHJ

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
37   0
Reaction score
Looks like Ruger has been listening to their customers and tweaking one of their popular products to make it even more user friendly.
Glad to see this type of follow through from a major manufacturer. I always kinda wondered why anyone would put a round fore end on a rifle anyway. Not at all conducive to shooting from a rest and one of the things I dont like about most ARs. Glad to see they are working to improve it :)

NEW! Ruger Unveils Enhanced Precision Rifle

I have the original RPR in 6.5 on order. I almost prefer the Samson rail over this new design but I see the purpose of the new handgaurd. The new bolt shroud is a must!

I will have a QD MD on mine, so the brake would have been tossed anyways. Not sure I see $200 in value here over the regular model.

Ruger was quick to recognize most sought aftermarket accessories and even more impressive was the fact they applied the updates expediently...I think the price hike was more of intitial demand vs supply was overwhelmingly beyond expectations that the new additions could justify msrp.

I just got the gen 2 in 308... I did not realize the rail was gone from the top of hand guard ... I as planning to use the rail for my NIght vision.

TR3 Picatinny Rail

I believe I can bolt the above on and use it to fasten the QD month to the top f the handguard... Any thoughts or ideas?

I am about 20 rounds in on break n and bullets are already stacking at 100 yards... Very pleased with the riffle...

Looking forward to anyone who has tried adding a rail to the top of the hand guard.

Back
Top Bottom