• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loose Dogs

Had beagles run past a stand I was in, in Monroe county. I just laughed thought it was funny how oblivious and happy they were. Didn’t ruin my hunting at all. Saw some critters afterwards.

Went hunting in Texas and saw legit feral dogs. I tried to shoot them but just couldn’t. I guess I love dogs too much. About 30 mins later 5 deer walked out and I got one. Didn’t even feel like a pack of wild dogs came through.

In central georgia there’s a lot of homes surrounding the farms I hunt. I could totally see a dogs electric fence going down, them getting under a fence, or a family member leaving a door or gate open on accident. It’s not like the dog sees a property line, hell some hunters don’t even “see” property lines. Life’s not that serious that I have to shoot everything that disturbs me.

Op, I would let the dogs walk. It’s not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things and it’ll save you and the family you could possibly hurt a lot of heartache. I would do the dog owner a favor and bring the dog back or talk to them about the dangers of the dogs roaming free.

Had beagles run past a stand I was in, in Monroe county. I just laughed thought it was funny how oblivious and happy they were. Didn’t ruin my hunting at all. Saw some critters afterwards.

Went hunting in Texas and saw legit feral dogs. I tried to shoot them but just couldn’t. I guess I love dogs too much. About 30 mins later 5 deer walked out and I got one. Didn’t even feel like a pack of wild dogs came through.

In central georgia there’s a lot of homes surrounding the farms I hunt. I could totally see a dogs electric fence going down, them getting under a fence, or a family member leaving a door or gate open on accident. It’s not like the dog sees a property line, hell some hunters don’t even “see” property lines. Life’s not that serious that I have to shoot everything that disturbs me.

Op, I would let the dogs walk. It’s not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things and it’ll save you and the family you could possibly hurt a lot of heartache. I would do the dog owner a favor and bring the dog back or talk to them about the dangers of the dogs roaming free.
My feeling exactly! Hunters have walked across my property and I have said nothing except sometimes a hello, how you doing. I wonder what would happen if my dogs challenged them by growling and acting aggressively on my property. I have a chain link fence around three acres of land wit gated front, sides and back so I can access the rest. Wouldn't do for some Yahoo to shoot one of my dogs there. Never bit anyone, but no one comes inside their property without letting me or wife know. So far, noone has crossed while the grands were out playing. Don't know what would happen there.

Back
Top Bottom