• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost a CZ Shadow 2 today

I've been following this thread to see which way it would go.
After I got out of the Navy in 91 I drove a beer truck in Atlanta and early one morning while making a delivery to the Gold Club I saw what I thought at first was a camera case.
I walked over and started to pick it up and realized it was a holstered pistol. Looked around, picked it up and saw it was a Glock, the first I had ever held.
I sat it in one of the trailer bays while I finished rolling beer then stuck it in the back of my pants and walked around front where everyone was running around in a panic.
I asked the security guard what was wrong and he said that the night manager lost his gun. I asked what kind of gun and he said 'a brand new Glock'.
I took out the holstered pistol and said 'this one?'.
I never considered keeping it, and working in the city, out early, I found several lost wallets and always found the owners and returned them.

I like to think I'm a decent person and I don't need any more bad Karma following me into the next life but....if I ever find a duffel bag full of cash I'm going to assume it's drug money and keep my mouth shut.
Like in Good Fellas 'don't buy nothing big'...
Gold Club you say, My son got busted in a stolen car with 2 dancers from there and had dope in the truck, I never visited that club although I did work at the Claremont Lounge a bit in the 70's when the dancers were all under 60.

Gold Club you say, My son got busted in a stolen car with 2 dancers from there and had dope in the truck, I never visited that club although I did work at the Claremont Lounge a bit in the 70's when the dancers were all under 60.
The Clermont Lounge was also one of my accounts...I have a couple of weird stories from there as well...

I don't know why except I live in Dekalb county but the thought of turning a gun into the police that I found a range with a chance to find the owner seems like a good way for it to go missing permanently. Find it at any other public place -- oh yeah heading to the cops. I am glad this ended well and good to know about "lost " items.

Question -- I recall if nobody claimed a lost wallet that was turned in after so many days the finder could claim it. Is that true or a senior moment? At least with a gun the cops might find the original owner if the owner lived in the state.

At WMA ranges in Indiana we had to sign in at the main gate. I guess GA doesn't require that.

Hope you get it back. We've had loads of guns turned in at the gun club and always got them back to the owners.
You are supposed to sign in at WMA ranges, but I don't know how well it's enforced.

I recently found two pistols that had been lost for over two years. I thought they were gone. Then I cleaned out a closet and found them in a knapsack I had put them in "for safekeeping." I had absolutely no idea that's where they were.

Back
Top Bottom