• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost a CZ Shadow 2 today

Like I said yesterday, it’s not theft, it’s a public service by not allowing a child, teenager or genuine criminal to find a pistol.

If you don’t attempt to find the owner, or turn it into the local LE agency, it is in fact theft of lost or mislaid property (16-8-6). That’s not my opinion, that’s from the OCGA (Official Code of Georgia Annotated).

O.C.G.A. 16-8-6 (2010)
16-8-6. Theft of lost or mislaid property
A person commits the offense of theft of lost or mislaid property when he comes into control of property that he knows or learns to have been lost or mislaid and appropriates the property to his own use without first taking reasonable measures to restore the property to the owner.

Gear A drift rules apply?

87A05A0B-B768-4CC3-B2E0-4A923A4E2E48.jpeg

You’re right and I’m wrong. It’s good to know that if I ever come across a firearm laying haphazardly on the ground or in a park bench I’ll just leave it for someone else to stumble across, maybe a criminal or a kid. Lord knows I don’t want to break the law or be accused of being a thief and have ODT members say that they wish whomever found (stole) the OP’s pistol would die, or to that effect.

Less snark and more reading comprehension is in order. You sit on the pistol (not literally, but so criminals and kids don’t mess with it), and you dial 9-1-1. LE will come and collect it. I didn’t think I had to spell it all out, I thought anyone that can operate a computer/smart phone/device and post on a website like this could figure out all of that on their own. However, since I’ve been in LE for 22 years now, I’m always happy to help out the citizenry.

Less snark and more reading comprehension is in order. You sit on the pistol (not literally, but so criminals and kids don’t mess with it), and you dial 9-1-1. LE will come and collect it. I didn’t think I had to spell it all out, I thought anyone that can operate a computer/smart phone/device and post on a website like this could figure out all of that on their own. However, since I’ve been in LE for 22 years now, I’m always happy to help out the citizenry.

Thanks for making me spit out my beer.

Glad it was found by honorable people. I keep a log for tax purposes but that log helps if you take a bunch of crap to the range like I do .

Before I leave I go through my checklist to ensure I did not leave anything . Notebooks are $1 dollar at any dollar store . It’s worth the investment

Each range trip I'm out there like Rainman going over and over my bag(s) like 2 -3 times before I close the gate. Just to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom