• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost a family member today.

Nat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
211   0
Reaction score
A few years back my daughter rescued a couple of pups out of a trash dumpster, someone had thrown them away. One, after a few yrs., got out of their 1/2 acre pen and was lost forever. 6 years ago we became the new parents to Brutus a black, 1/2 Lab. 1/2 Pit mix. He soon became my wife protector. We called him Brute. I had always promised him that a time was coming that he would not have to stay in a pen and when we purchased the family farm I held true to my word. For the last 2 1/2 years he was his own man, was able to come and go as he pleased. He always stayed close to the farm never straying off.
Went out to feed he and his sister, another Lab./Pit mix we rescued, and he would not come to me. I figured out that it was his time to go so we made him comfortable and he passed peacefully in one of his favorite spots to lay that he could see who was coming and going and the majority of the 12 acres we have. He was 12 yrs old.
He was dearly loved and will be greatly missed.
We love you Brute.

A few years back my daughter rescued a couple of pups out of a trash dumpster, someone had thrown them away. One, after a few yrs., got out of their 1/2 acre pen and was lost forever. 6 years ago we became the new parents to Brutus a black, 1/2 Lab. 1/2 Pit mix. He soon became my wife protector. We called him Brute. I had always promised him that a time was coming that he would not have to stay in a pen and when we purchased the family farm I held true to my word. For the last 2 1/2 years he was his own man, was able to come and go as he pleased. He always stayed close to the farm never straying off.
Went out to feed he and his sister, another Lab./Pit mix we rescued, and he would not come to me. I figured out that it was his time to go so we made him comfortable and he passed peacefully in one of his favorite spots to lay that he could see who was coming and going and the majority of the 12 acres we have. He was 12 yrs old.
He was dearly loved and will be greatly missed.
We love you Brute.

Sorry, for your Loss. You loved and cared for him many years. Praying for you and Family.

Reactions: Nat
Brute, unquestionable loyalty and love and protection...No questions as to his devotion for his family..It always sucks to say goodby and thanks..True devotion and love make hard times to say goodby..All of you were lucky to have such a devoted member of your family..My Condolences!! Rest in peace Brute..

Back
Top Bottom