• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost Money at ODT show

Hidden in a piece of furniture.

That cartoon thing where a devil appears on one shoulder and tries to get you to do wrong while an angel pops up on the other to remind you to do good? That's not a cartoon. That's real.
One day I was looking at an old Victrola Console my BIL had from his father. I was poking around in it examining the baffle doors and how it was constructed to amplify the record's sound and found a wad of $100 bills. It was over $8,000 his father had stowed away in there and never mentioned it.

I was in line in Publix one day, saw a $100 bill on the floor, picked it up. Young woman with a child in front of me was checking out, suddenly looked frantic. Asked her if there was a problem, she said I’ve lost $100 . Handed her the bill, suggested she be more careful. She was appreciative.
Another time, in an ice cream shop, guy in front of me paid, left his wallet on a ledge under the counter, turned and started to walk out.
I called to him, held up his wallet and said ‘You might need this’. Guess he was embarrassed, cause he acted all pissy, like I was stealing his stuff.

I had the exact same thing happen to me a few years back. I dropped about $450 at one of the Expo shows down in Forrest Park and thankfully a fellow ODT'r who was setup there pulled me to the side of his booth and asked if I was missing any money and I said yes which he then returned all of it to me. To pay it forward, I landed up buying about a hundred bucks worth of his items to show him my appreciation. So have faith Panzerwaffe Panzerwaffe , there are still good souls out there who are still willing to do the right thing when few are looking. Good luck recovering the lost funds.

Hello brothers, if any of you Great folks wants to help this member, I am willing to toss in $50 bucks to start with. And we can make this day to be a memorable day for him, instead of a sad one. Maybe we can send the money to the ODTGS manager and they pass it to him! IDK!!!

I don't think he is lying... For someone to come publicly like this, it's kinda even embarrassing. So, I am willing to help!! :noidea::noidea::nod::nod:
I'll join in. I had a good day yesterday. OttoMan, if you set it up, PM me. I'll join in if the OP doesn't get his stack back. Pay if forward, Karma, give as you have received. However you want to put it.

Hidden in a piece of furniture.

That cartoon thing where a devil appears on one shoulder and tries to get you to do wrong while an angel pops up on the other to remind you to do good? That's not a cartoon. That's real.
Years ago (like mid 1980s) I had a friend who's grandfather had passed away and my friend needed to go through the estate. The grandfather had a library in his home that was a marvel, thousands, yes, thousands of books. Built in book cases, actual rails with ladders, even barrister book shelves with glass, it was impressive in such a small home. Instead of just dumping them on Goodwill or trashing them my friend asked that I help look to see what books were valuable.

The old man had several original editions of books of many books, and a crap load of (if not every) Ansel Adams B&W photography books / albums. Well, as we pulled books and looked for edition printings, we found a few other, shall we say not safe for work, B&W photos, placed between pages of the Ansel Adams and other photography books.

Think about it, you're flipping through a coffee table book of photos of the southwest and come upon a beautiful black and white photo, or page cut from some other book, of a naked woman, magnificently posed in a some southwest USA scenery.

So, as young men would, we took it upon ourselves to go through EVERY book, flipping page by page, or holding them upside down and fanning the pages.

That's when we started to find the money. Cash. Hundreds and fifties and a few twenties. Grandpa had stashed cash in books, lots of cash, lots of books. IIRC, there was at least one $1000 bill, which would've been from the 1960s or earlier.

It certainly wasn't $280K, but it was in the thousands.

It made for some interesting work. I made 10% or whatever I found. Granda had good taste.

Hello brothers, if any of you Great folks wants to help this member, I am willing to toss in $50 bucks to start with. And we can make this day to be a memorable day for him, instead of a sad one. Maybe we can send the money to the ODTGS manager and they pass it to him! IDK!!!

I don't think he is lying... For someone to come publicly like this, it's kinda even embarrassing. So, I am willing to help!! :noidea::noidea::nod::nod:

i’ll match your $50. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom