• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost my best friend tonight..

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Worst day Ive had in a while. Woke up this morning and my German Shepard (Sampson) had thrown up overnight. Didnt think much of it so the wife took him to work with her (dog training place). He got worse as the day went on so we took him to the vet and his stomach had become bloated with air and flipped, twisting his GI tract and all that stuff. Also displaced his spleen, which is common when this happens.

Looking at a $6k+ vet bill and the chance he wouldn't survive surgery, future complications, and his highly reduced quality of life after (not being able to run, eat, drink, play when he wants) along with the damaged GI tract, we made the difficult choice to put him to sleep.

I know most people would do anything for their dogs, and we always have. I feel horrible. Ive never had to do this before. Ive never had to make that call. I don't know if I made the right choice or not. He was almost 6. I just needed to vent. Don't have many folks to talk to this time of night.

Heres my boy.

IMG_1493.JPG

thats always awful man but it sounds like you did the right thing. its rough when it happens to them and not much you can do. just be glad for him the time he had was spent well lived

Back
Top Bottom