• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LOST/STOLEN CVA STALKER SINGLE SHOT 30-6

I'm fine with that. I don't let things people say get to me. Yes I know it was stupid for my husband to lend the gun out, yes the friend was dumb and irresponsible for leaving it behind, obviously my 8 year old can't shoot the gun yet by himself but none of that is the point. I'm doing what I can to hopefully recover a gun that my son one day would go hunting with and that is rightfully his. Not whoever took it upon themselves to pick it up and not turn it in at the ranger station or to the police. I'm fully prepared for anything these guys want to dish out.
Don't worry about anything you read here. 99.999% of the folks will try to help you or at least try to make you laugh about the situation. Your son is very fortunate to have a dad that wants to teach him to hunt and give him a rifle. That's worth way more than any gun will be.

Don't worry about anything you read here. 99.999% of the folks will try to help you or at least try to make you laugh about the situation. Your son is very fortunate to have a dad that wants to teach him to hunt and give him a rifle. That's worth way more than any gun will be.

Yes! He wants to teach all 3 of them, and all 3 will one day have a gun or a few of his passed down to them.

First one no definitely not he doesn't want on my bad side....again. But the other two possibilities yes you could be correct.
First of all kudos to you on trying to help get your son's gun back.
The end of your first sentence above troubles me...specifically the word "again". In my experience teens who screw you Ince can be expected to do so again. The old saying "screw me once shame on you...screw me twice shame on me". What exactly did you mean by "again".

First of all kudos to you on trying to help get your son's gun back.
The end of your first sentence above troubles me...specifically the word "again". In my experience teens who screw you Ince can be expected to do so again. The old saying "screw me once shame on you...screw me twice shame on me". What exactly did you mean by "again".

Thank you, I just want my son happy and to have his gun returned to him. Well we just haven't always gotten along, and have had some conflicts in the past, very long story a lot of it due to his immaturity. But that was in the past when we were younger and I'm past that. But if the gun isn't returned or he doesn't do the right thing and replace the gun and scope that's a big issue!

If he can’t afford a climber or a budget deer rifle for himself at the age of 27, how is he going to pony up cash for a replacement? Mrs. Brittany god bless you and your husband for teaching your son and passing down the outdoors, but I wouldn’t feel too confident in getting a timely replacement of the same value. Good luck!

If he can’t afford a climber or a budget deer rifle for himself at the age of 27, how is he going to pony up cash for a replacement? Mrs. Brittany god bless you and your husband for teaching your son and passing down the outdoors, but I wouldn’t feel too confident in getting a timely replacement of the same value. Good luck!

Thank you we want all 3 of our kids to know how to hunt and do other things outdoors! He has kids and it's almost Christmas so I'm not hopeful of it being soon besides I don't want to take from his kids it isn't their fault. But tax time is coming up as well so he can use his return to purchase a replacement if he can't do it before then.

It isn't a 30'06 but a CVA Scout V2 Take Down rifle can be purchased from Bud's Gun Shop for about Tree Fiddy in .300 Blackout or .243 - They have a 90 day layaway - This "friend" is on the hook for your child until replaced. He drove away and left some of his kids Christmas sitting there. If he has any morals about him your son's happiness has moved to priority one.I am sure he can get on ODT and fire sale his junk and raise the funds. Or lot's of part time jobs out there this time of year. If I borrow anything from anyone it is returned in better shape than when I recieved it. What a douche.

Thank you we want all 3 of our kids to know how to hunt and do other things outdoors! He has kids and it's almost Christmas so I'm not hopeful of it being soon besides I don't want to take from his kids it isn't their fault. But tax time is coming up as well so he can use his return to purchase a replacement if he can't do it before then.
I understand your sentiment about Christmas entirely, but you shouldn’t delay the time he has to replace it. It will become less and less of a priority for him over time.

He has kids? If he doesn't immediately replace your son's rifle and instead spends money in his kids' Christmas? He's a boy, not a man. If that's what happens I feel sorry for his kids.

What is the equivalent of the CVA Stalker right now? Not familiar with the single shots available.
His mom bought him the self climber as a Christmas gift.
How old is the friend BTW? I was assuming it was someone your husband's age.

If this was a male posting all this stuff you guys would be dishing out total crap by now...
Just my observation over the past 9 years...
:yo:
Have you read the previous posts? ;)

Back
Top Bottom