Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepinshep

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
SOLD

Going through my old writing desk today, I came across my old "trove" of silver coins that I started "collecting" as a kid. I never really got very far with it, and just kind of got bored. I held onto the coins because my mom always told me they'd be worth something some day. They are all circulated.

What I have are:

(1) Silver "Peace" Dollar [excellent condition] 90% silver. Date 1922. Melt value $22.63. HOWEVER, collector condition is a solid MS-64, making it worth about $60.
(10) "Walking Liberty" Half-Dollars [most in good+ condition with lots of detail] 90% Silver. Dates range from 1936-1947. Melt value $10.58 each.
(10) Franklin Half-Dollars [most in good+ condition] 90% Silver. Dates range from 1949-1961. Melt value $10.58 each.
(1) Bicentennial Silver Eisenhower Dollar [very good condition]. Date "1776-1976". Melt value $9.38.
(13) Liberty "V" Nickels [poor - good condition, including a 1912-s in poor]. Dates range from 1884-1912. Collector value of $.50 each.
(1) 1964 JFK Half-Dollar [excellent condition] 90% Silver. Date 1964. Melt value $10.58.
(3) Buffalo Nickels [poor - fair condition]. 2 non-legible dates, one dated 1923. Collector value of dated coin $.30.
(1) Jefferson "War Time" Alloy Nickel [good condition]. Date 1943P. Melt value $1.67.

"Melt Values" are given to give non-collectors an idea of the coins' raw values. I am not a collector, so I can't state the "collector" value of each of these coins, although in some cases it is higher than the melt value and in others it is lower than the melt value.

Melt values are based on pricing information as of December 24, 2010 and provided through www.coinflation.com.

"Collector Values" are based on the lowest amount recommended by Heritage Auction Galleries (www.ha.com).

I also have several "face value" coins, including (4) late-date Kennedy Half-Dollars, (6) Bicentennial Quarters, (2) Susan B. Anthony Dollars, and (30) wheat-back pennies.

Total value (including "melt" for silver coins, "collector value" and "face" for all others) is $305.93.

Would like to sell everything together. I will take some pictures and post later. Asking $250 for everything. Will ship for $260 total (plus insurance if you want it. No paypal fees.

Last edited:
I love coinflation.com and recommend it to many folks. It keeps the smoke from rolliing out of your ears tryin' to do all the math.

Going to get the Peace Dollar certified later this week if no one wants to buy the coins. If I spend the money to do that, then I will likely keep it and sell the rest.

Last edited:
A few low-ball offers so far.

All PM's responded to.

Still available.

Please note that just the MELT and FACE value of these coins is well over $200....

A quick check at coinflation indicates that silver prices have gone up about .25% since the original post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom