• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Love meeting members on the range!

Real nice carbine work.

Thanks man. I was just telling Pat that my Pistol is the weakness in my game at the moment. I've got the gun set up the way I like it now but I still need a good 600 to 800 rounds of dedicated speed work with it. I'm hoping Santa Clause hooks a brutha up.

Thanks man. I was just telling Pat that my Pistol is the weakness in my game at the moment. I've got the gun set up the way I like it now but I still need a good 600 to 800 rounds of dedicated speed work with it. I'm hoping Santa Clause hooks a brutha up.
What is the carbine build you are shooting there?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Damn that’s cool
I think I’m gonna build something like this at my land

That would be so much fun. Hit me up if you build it. I have a buddy in the mountains that has a real nice home range. I would love to be able to set up courses and do practice runs. I think you kind of need that to get real good at this stuff.

It's fairly stock. It's a BCM 14.5 Recce ELW with a Rise Armament RA-140 trigger and Sig Romeo and Juliet optics.
I could tell it was a mid length gas system. That's the only thing I wish I had done different on my Run and Gun build. But the gun is just way too accurate for me to go changing barrels just for a slight reduction in recoil. If I burn this barrel out though I will go mid-length. Luckily most of the run and guns don't seem to have carbine hoser stages so it's not that big of a deal. On the Rock Castle 10K all the carbine work started at 60-75 yards and out to 500. The close work was pistol only. BCM makes a hell of a gun.

I could tell it was a mid length gas system. That's the only thing I wish I had done different on my Run and Gun build. But the gun is just way too accurate for me to go changing barrels just for a slight reduction in recoil. If I burn this barrel out though I will go mid-length. Luckily most of the run and guns don't seem to have carbine hoser stages so it's not that big of a deal. On the Rock Castle 10K all the carbine work started at 60-75 yards and out to 500. The close work was pistol only. BCM makes a hell of a gun.

Oh dang I didn’t know odt had a co founder, very cool

Back
Top Bottom