• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Low balling

this has happened I seen a listing and said I will take it the guy replied back and said someone offered more than you did are you willing to pay more, I said we had a deal and well I told him that I will pass and didn't want to deal with anyone that has a character and morals like that. He ended up selling to the other person who didn't show up then pm'd back to me and I politely told him to go f*** himself
I like that

I may be doin it wrong?? The first buyer to say "I'll take it for asking price" (in ad or pm) we set a meet and everything goes smooth so far "Knock On Wood" . Purchasing has been different only a couple times due to ignorance or dishonesty but hey ; that's what the "Ignore" button is for. All but 1 time I've offered asking price on purchases just because that 1 time I'd dropped 25k on a truck that same week and the wifey was a little sore LOL . Regardless I am an ODT lifer unless it turns upside down and i can't see that ; no brownie points expected , there are a few real dBags here but they're everywhere
Can't believe you'd call me a dbag

I've had (and probably made) lowballs before. I never try to intentionally lowball but it may be taken that way. I also don't get my panties (not that I'm saying I wear them) in a twist if somebody lowballs me. Just respond with a polite no thank you or a price I could do. If they push a lowball and start explaining how dumb my price is then I will respond with a bit more clarity.

I just generally try and price fair. Although with a Sig P226 sitting at $475 maybe I don't understand fair prices anymore.

Back
Top Bottom