• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Low recoil .38 target ammo?

STOP THE PRESSES !!!

Ruger *does* have an SP-101, with wood stocks, in .327 magnum.
And it's beautiful.

With easy-to-see sights.

Ruger 327 SP101.jpg

Ruger sells (or sold) the SP101 in a six-shot .327 Mag version. I've gone down the same path of thought for my mother-- that would be ideal, though not with the .327 mag rounds. And I can lighten the crap out of the trigger if need be, and maintain reliability.[/QUOTE]

Unfreaking believable. A bunch of guys arguing over a gun for a woman. I’ve got 4 in my house who are all firearms enthusiasts, and with exception of the youngest... prefer a semiauto. How about everyone come out of the 19th century? My mom is an exception that she has weak hands from a medical condition. So she shoots a Beretta with a tip up barrel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfreaking believable. A bunch of guys arguing over a gun for a woman. I’ve got 4 in my house who are all firearms enthusiasts, and with exception of the youngest... prefer a semiauto. How about everyone come out of the 19th century? My mom is an exception that she has weak hands from a medical condition. So she shoots a Beretta with a tip up barrel!

My wife prefers my ( I mean her ) shield over everything else I own. I dont think there is much arguing. I think everyone agrees a light recoiling round is great for not just women but anyone.

My wife prefers my ( I mean her ) shield over everything else I own. I dont think there is much arguing. I think everyone agrees a light recoiling round is great for not just women but anyone.

Agree wholeheartedly. My wife carries a .40cal Glock 23, but is leaning towards that hot rod model Canik TP9

When police depts carried 38s, 38 target ammo was everywhere. No one but some rentacops carry wheelguns now, so the target stuff is rare on store shelves.

It is the easiest round to reload, why not give it a try?

.38 Short Colt would work nicely. Do you reload?

I don't currently reload. And I'd have to be saving a ton of money on ammo to invest it into reloading equipment.

I don't currently reload. And I'd have to be saving a ton of money on ammo to invest it into reloading equipment.

1000 projectiles ($100)
1000 Primers ($34)
1 lb of powder ($26)

You can catch a nice single stage reloading set up on sale, or pre owned cheap usually. I load 2000+ rounds of pistol rounds a month. I don’t save money as much as we get to shoot a whole lot more.

Back
Top Bottom