• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowball irony.

I saw a particularly well known ODT member (who shall not be named) selling his 1990 10/22 for 240, and he talked about how awesome of a deal it was. That's all good, but then, I remembered....

Rewind to earlier this year, this same member offered me $150 for a LNIB 10 year anniversary 10/22 with a case, magazines, ammo, and more. He told me that he was in fact OVER PAYING for my 10-22, and basically, by the Grace of God, I'm getting cut a great deal. Wow. What an upstanding citizen.

Now, I know there are price differences between any two guns based on what parts it has, but seriously? $240 for his gun is a deal, but a stainless 10-22 WITH a case, ammo, mags, and pretty much anything you need to get you started for $150 is over-paying. He was so shameless about it, as if I should get on my knees and thank this....merciful being. This is copied and pasted from my inbox.

"MORE than fair. Again. $150 maybe too much.
But Asian connection. Ill offer $150. You have until end of today to let me know. Or ill move on and youll pass a chance to sell"

Asian connection, he called it, whatever the heck that means. Obviously, he was full of crap, and a week later he messaged me, which was another slap to my face. Now, the ODT has rules that prevent me from publicly confronting said individual, so I came here to vent. Hope ya'all don't mind.

If i had a dollar for every time i was told how worthless my weapon is while theirs is worth a premium...

Back
Top Bottom