• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowes selling Craftsman tools!?!

Yes, it is Danaher. Actually, Danaher makes Stanley and Craftsman Tools from what I remember.

On another note, the warranty is the key with Craftsman. Home Depot is pure BS when it comes to warrantying a Klein tool when it full well has a warranty.

They are pricey for sure. But I do believe you are paying for better quality and warranty. I love my snap on tools, the small groups I have
That was kind of my point in referring to Sears' warranty being a bad financial move. In order for it work, you have to price goods like Snap-on does. Snap-on does make some good stuff, and like you, I have just a few.

Eazy payment plan @ 33% APR.
Not true. Easy payment plan. No interest. They'll even let you borrow tools until the ones you order come in. Snap-On is the best if you can (or want) to afford them. Yea, the price is higher, but so is the quality.

Unfortunately, even Snap-on has gotten into the licensing business so not all things marked Snap-On are really backed by the truck vendor.

i like going to these estate sales where the old man had
those old school quality tools. there is no comparison
I spend lots of time picking through the tools at auctions and estate sales. It's fun to be able to put a set of wrenches together and buy them for $2 bucks.

My favorite are S-K Wayne because they used to be made in my hometown. Not any longer, as government regulations pushed them to China. Now the factory looks like a scene from Walking Dead.

I spend lots of time picking through the tools at auctions and estate sales. It's fun to be able to put a set of wrenches together and buy them for $2 bucks.

My favorite are S-K Wayne because they used to be made in my hometown. Not any longer, as government regulations pushed them to China. Now the factory looks like a scene from Walking Dead.

im from ga but i tell obama voters im from michigan
dont want them thinking i owes em

I have that set in 2 colors, orange and black. One for work the other for home.

Really want to have a stroke??? Price a set of wrenches, or maybe a socket over 2"....
:shocked: $1630.00 - 20 pc Standard Open End Wrench Set (1/4–1-5/8")

VO820K.jpg

Actually you just have to pay the snap on man $20 a week 12 months and they are yours.

I got a set for Christmas. I have used them several times but not daily. The lever that reverses the 3/8 ratchet fell off. I'm going to return it I just have not.

I beat the hell out of mine, still great, except for the 10mm socket, it likes to hide from me

[QUOTE="don231s, post: 8244112, member: 43075" Yard sale and flea market finds would be brought into the stores and swapped for new tools. It started to really siphon off Sears' Craftsman tool profits in the late 90s.[/QUOTE]

HEEEEY, I resemble that remark.

Just saying. I didn't ask them to do it.

Back
Top Bottom