• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowes selling Craftsman tools!?!

Their are some guys at the Jockey Lot flea market that always have new Craftsman sockets. Apparently there is a plant in the Spartenburg area that makes.

Don'r know if they go out the back door or what.

I spend lots of time picking through the tools at auctions and estate sales. It's fun to be able to put a set of wrenches together and buy them for $2 bucks.

My favorite are S-K Wayne because they used to be made in my hometown. Not any longer, as government regulations pushed them to China. Now the factory looks like a scene from Walking Dead.

Flea markets too. I get all my Snap-On, SK, Proto, etc, etc used. That's the only way I can afford them.

It's been about five years since I was at the Summit Racing store in McDonough. They had Craftsman and I think they also had Die Hard batteries back then. So yeah Sears whored out most every asser they had a long time ago.

Cadcom is correct.....last year Sears sold the "Craftsman" tool name to Stanley. In the agreement, Sears will carry the Craftsman tools for 10 years....after then Sears will have to pay a royalty to Stanley....if Sears decides to keep carrying the Craftsman tools. So far "I don't think" Stanley has not made a statement whether they will continue to keep the "lifetime" guaranty.....but so far they are honoring it.
Agreed, but i will say some of my better tools spell "japan" on them

Sears hasn’t existed for years. They filed bankruptcy many years ago and were bought by Kmart out of bankruptcy court.

They are on their last legs again. The whole retail marketplace is under major overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom