• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowest cost AR

Youll have hard time getting anybody to endorse anything cheaper than a PSA.
And PSA has let a few turds go public so YMMV.
If you have some mechanical aptitude then buy PSA and go through it to make sure its right

I have had and still have both Omni plastic receiver guns and ATI aluminum guns. They are near the bottom price wise. Most of the distributors sell them for right at $400.00. Sometimes a bit less, but add back in tax, shipping, plus transfer. They have all gone bang. They have all fed pretty reliably. Mostly they have been decent shooters.

Nobody is saying they will last thousands of rounds, especially me, but I like seeing how cheap one can go and still get something that might last a little while. If the basic pieces hold together, you can always replace and upgrade as you go. The Omni plastic wonders have an amazing trigger. At least mine did. Super crisp, no creep. I was worried about the plastic fire control parts, but rationalized that my MSAR and AUGs have plastic fire control groups.

The ATI has been getting some time at the range, and with a few upgrades, I am starting to really like the gun. It is the Milsport version, with screwed down, railed gas block. No sight tower like the classic AR. All metal parts as far as I know. I threw on a TrueGlo front site, which I really like and have a carry handle rear. Trying to keep it simple. It seems to like all mags I have tried in it, and shot reliably. Even ran some Cetme L steel mags, which have a rep on being problematic. Ran good the few mags loads I had tried in the ATI. Also ran Red Star steel ammo with no issues.

So there are some deals out there.

Not sure this same line of thought and pricing follows in the AK world...?

Back
Top Bottom