• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowest cost AR

I just finished two builds yesterday and both came in at under a grand. I have to confess I used BA Hanson barrels from Ballistic Advantage. I saved a few hundred per gun going that route. The rest of the rifles got.the treatment. All great parts.

I like how this thread had actual useful info, not just the usual "Mine cost $140 because of my left over parts from my last 6 builds and my uncle Jimmy gave me everything from his upgrade"

I just finished two builds yesterday and both came in at under a grand. I have to confess I used BA Hanson barrels from Ballistic Advantage. I saved a few hundred per gun going that route. The rest of the rifles got.the treatment. All great parts.
I bought a BA "pencil barrel" for a build. I'm not over the moon with it but not disgusted either. Seems to group well enough for what it is.

I like how this thread had actual useful info, not just the usual "Mine cost $140 because of my left over parts from my last 6 builds and my uncle Jimmy gave me everything from his upgrade"

And this new "custom Jimmy build" can now be yours fer only $1,200. No lowballers, I know whut I got. If'n it don't sail by Sunday, back in the safe it goes!

And this new "custom Jimmy build" can now be yours fer only $1,200. No lowballers, I know whut I got. If'n it don't sail by Sunday, back in the safe it goes!
This. Unfortunately this applies to all guns/ammo/accessories here on the OTD. It's one of the reasons for the sites lull in volume.
If you try to reason (e.g. this same gun is being sold for $500 new and has been for some time, can you come off your $750 tag?) Seller's act like you've insulted their ancestors.

I bought a BA "pencil barrel" for a build. I'm not over the moon with it but not disgusted either. Seems to group well enough for what it is.
I wasn't born for accuracy on these bills I was just going more for the general purpose rifle jobs. I can always change barrels if I take a notion to sew not really that much lost.

Back
Top Bottom