• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowest powered / quietest 22 round

I buy the Super Colibres by the brick. Been uxsing them for 12 years and never had one stick. Shooting them in a 10-22.

The colibri are the quietest but don’t expect much past 25 yards. I’ve knocked squirrels out of trees just to have them get up a few minutes later, shake it off and run. The CCI Quiets are good and will kill a squirrel, plus are accurate somewhat past 25 yards. Quite a bit louder than Colibris but you get punch and distance...but neither will cycle a semi auto like a 10/22. Also the Colibris will foul the hell out of the bore and chamber...badly!

“CCI Quiet Semi-Auto” are fairly new...at least to me. They jump up to 835fps over the 700-something fps of the standard quiets...that added speed adds significant snap (noise) but cycles the 10/22 bolt properly. Add a can and you’ve got a nice little “click”.

I've never used anything weaker than CBs and CCI's new 22 LR "quiet" cartridge.

Both are VERY quiet when fired from a rifle.

Both are a lot louder fired from a handgun. The pressure inside the barrel is still fairly high when the bullet exits after sliding only 4 or 5 inches. But by the time the bullet has gone 20 inches down the rifle-length tube, the internal pressure has dropped a lot.

Read a study once that .22 start to lose velocity and pressure drops at around 10-12 inches

Back
Top Bottom