• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LR308 Questions

Get_Training

Default rank <1000 posts
Memento Mori
97   0
Reaction score
i just bought a Midwest Industries .308. I found out the bolt carrier patter is the same as the DPMS LR308. Is this also the same pattern at the SR25? Just wanting to know where I can get a spare firing pin and maybe an extra BCG. Thanks!

I am not sure about the BCG I know the mags are interchangeable. Like the previous post said just buy one for a DPMS or anything that says LR308 or DPMS style parts. Don't take the chance. If you are worried about a firing pin malfunction then look into a titanium firing pin. I know they can be had for the AR15 but I am not 100% sure about the availability with the LR AR10 platform.

JP enterprises has them for 37 bucks and some change, Rainier Arms has them for 31 and change. I would just go ahead and get the titanium pin and never have to worry about it again.

I bought a Nickle Boron BCG and it cost 325 bucks. LOL Not something you want to buy a extra of. I built my AR10 and it cost 1,800 in just parts and I still don't have a titanium firing pin. I thought I had bought the best of everything for that build. Apparently not, I missed a part. He He.

I bought a Nickle Boron BCG and it cost 325 bucks. LOL Not something you want to buy a extra of. I built my AR10 and it cost 1,800 in just parts and I still don't have a titanium firing pin. I thought I had bought the best of everything for that build. Apparently not, I missed a part. He He.

Was it a Lantac by chance? I've been looking at that one, as one of my buddies has one in his AR and it is AMAZING. I'll do a little more research before I shell out a few hundred bucks. I want this to be my SHTF gun. From experience if anything is going to go wrong, it'll be the BCG before anything else.

It's been a while since I built it and I really can't remember the manufacturer. The only thing I can remember is that ridiculous price. I can tell you it is smooth, and I mean butter smooth. It's one of the smoothest actions I have ever felt.

I wonder if the Gen2 DPMS models use the same size BCG if so you could upgrade to one of those ? ive got the g2 recon its pretty sweet

I would also get a builders lower kit. I has everything in it except a grip and a fire control group. All the pins and springs it needs. I am not familiar with the MI guns but you might want to get a back up fire control group. That way you will have all the parts necessary for a complete overhaul. I keep one on hand for my AR's. I also have a lot of parts I have collected over the years so i have that covered for just about everything for two complete upper and lower parts.

One question. How do you like the MI gun? How does it feel and fire and does it feel solid and do the parts work smoothly together

Back
Top Bottom