• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LSU vs Bama

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DAWGS WIN EITHER WAY LOL!
IMG_20191110_121949_01.jpg

Common ground, Orgeron is no Saban. ;)
If you seriously think profanity is not fluid in every locker room (ok "maybe" not BYU) , or that Saban of all people is above it, well.... OK? :noidea:
Seriously, I'm the first one to decry a lack of class, but given the situation, I don't care if the schools were reversed, it still wouldn't move the meter.

I didn’t say profanity wasn’t in the locker room, I’ve read Sabans lips from the sidelines that was an expletive, BUT and my point was that it isn’t F*** LSU and and the likes of. Even in the locker room and that is my point on Saban and a few other teams that would be different. Listen, I’ve played sports I know how it is. This is a different level and especially with social media, but nonetheless I feel it was extremely out of line.

I didn’t say profanity wasn’t in the locker room, I’ve read Sabans lips from the sidelines that was an expletive, BUT and my point was that it isn’t F*** LSU and and the likes of. Even in the locker room and that is my point on Saban and a few other teams that would be different. Listen, I’ve played sports I know how it is. This is a different level and especially with social media, but nonetheless I feel it was extremely out of line.
So Saban's was in public view (repeatedly) and O's was never meant to be, but one is fine and the other is not? Or is the fact he specifically addressed Bama that is the sticking point and not the lack of etiquette?
You are absolutely entitled to your perspective. I've yet to meet a team or coach that acts the way I'd like 24/7, so I just try and take it all in balance. He seems to be a good man, who has attained his dream job and extracted an all too public 8 year thorn that pre-dates his tenure and is known for his locker room 'passion'. I'll give him pretty measured condemnation at worse.

O lort.. you shouldn't have said that

So Saban's was in public view (repeatedly) and O's was never meant to be, but one is fine and the other is not? Or is the fact he specifically addressed Bama that is the sticking point and not the lack of etiquette?
You are absolutely entitled to your perspective. I've yet to meet a team or coach that acts the way I'd like 24/7, so I just try and take it all in balance. He seems to be a good man, who has attained his dream job and extracted an all too public 8 year thorn that pre-dates his tenure and is known for his locker room 'passion'. I'll give him pretty measured condemnation at worse.

No Saban never said F*** LSU he said Da** on a bad play or Sh** on a bad call but not FU** LSU because they beat them. I am making an assumption that Saban has a little more demeanor about him than that whether it be meant for public viewing or not and whether I was an LSU fan or not for you to agree with that type of “motivation” is ridiculous. 8 years to finally say FU** Bama...

No Saban never said F*** LSU he said Da** on a bad play or Sh** on a bad call but not FU** LSU because they beat them. I am making an assumption that Saban has a little more demeanor about him than that whether it be meant for public viewing or not and whether I was an LSU fan or not for you to agree with that type of “motivation” is ridiculous. 8 years to finally say FU** Bama...
You're right. He should give a fake apology or be fired.
As has been pointed out, Saban will simply use it as motivation for the next time they meet. Consider it a gift.

And it's only 'ridiculous' to you because you have no perspective. Bama has ruled the roost. As you are well aware they've won the SEC 5 of the last 7 years. The last time LSU won (2011) Bama then still got to go to the NC game and embarrassed LSU with a 21-0 shut out. Another year Bama didn't win the conference they again go to the NCG and beat UGA for the title. I can appreciate you have no clue how frustrating that is for another program that has championship aspirations to have ONE team dominate for so long. But I can also more than imagine how emotional it was for THAT coach of THAT team, as an underdog, to do it in THEIR house.

Back
Top Bottom