• Once again, Soviet needs to stay in his own lane

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
As technology evolves so does chemistry . It changes how we do things . Over the years I’ve tried many different brands but always end up back at the same stuff .

I’ve tried fire clean , frog lube , Lucas and just about every fad lubricant that could ever pop up. Call me lazy but I always end going right back to ole reliable... Rem oil.

The belt feds are lubricant hungry and the aerosol can fits my lazy lifestyle . Plus it’s cheap and it does work. Only gripe is it evaporates too quickly .

What do you use primarily?

Like the **** is going down you only get one little bottle . What are you choosing ?

Slip 2000 EWL call it a day.

Much like anything the law of diminishing returns applies. I believe there is always room for improvement but you just have to weigh the cost benefit of it.
That stuff works well. I know a few folks who use it . My way of thinking matches yours . You can get the can of remoil cheap so even though it goes quickly it earns its pay first and foremost

That stuff works well. I know a few folks who use it . My way of thinking matches yours . You can get the can of remoil cheap so even though it goes quickly it earns its pay first and foremost

Indeed. I was impressed by it after reading about the filthy 15 BCM ar. It's worked out very well for me so far.

Full synthetic motor oil. Think about it. The inside of a Corvette engine requires more from a lubricant than your gun does. And it's readily available. Cheap too.
It’s more common than most think. Most handgun parts are fitted the same way engine parts are . Makes sense .

X2 with motor oil. Some even mix a little trans fluid with it. The trans fluid keeps things clean. Ever see the inside of a transmission? Old timers use to use 1/2 - 1q of trans fluid with every oil change to keep deposits at bay. But with the detergents used in Quality Oils these days there's no need for it.

Guns are in the same categorie with cars. Moving parts that cause friction and heat that produce deposits, especially with the added factor of gun powder.

Back
Top Bottom