• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Luftwaffe Drilling

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   1
Reaction score
Probably a small chance, but does anyone have one? Shot one? Very scarce here in the States I bet.

Probably a small chance, but does anyone have one? Shot one? Very scarce here in the States I bet.
I have owned several drillings in the past. Astounding workmanship. The Luftwaffe drillings were only produced by JP Sauer originally for the military. The military versions had 12 gauge barrels with a 9.3x74r rifle below. The commercial version differed in having 16 gauge barrels. 9.3x74R is equivalent to .375 nitro express. The the correct shot shells will be 2-1/2 inch(+/-). The left barrel was intended for slugs and usually un-choked.

The ones I had were usually chambered in 8x57R...some in .318 bore, some in .323 bore. There is a saying that if you want a pretty gun, buy a British gun, but if you want a gun that shoots, get a German gun. All of mine shot holes-touching at 50 yards, did not have 100 yard range at the time. Downside if any is getting a repair as most of the folks who knew how to repair, assemble and disassemble these fine firearms are history.

Back
Top Bottom