• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M. Douglas King II - A friend to the Georgia Gun Community

dougiemac

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
119   0
Reaction score
Unfortunately Georgia has lost a great attorney and individual. Atty M Douglas King II (Doug King) has officially moved on from his practice of 8 years in Georgia (Marietta) to the Great Wilderness known as Alaska. He set off today to drive to Seattle where he will load his belongings in tow onto a barge that will meet him in Alaska where he and his wife will live out the next big adventure in their journey together. I know many in our community will miss him personally, his impeccable legal practice and his instruction at TruPrep.

Here's his post regarding it on his Facebook site.
"First off I'd like to say it has been a honor being able to serve the firearms community here in Georgia for the past eight years. I have tried earnestly to do my best and help as many people as I could. In my successes and failures, I have been truly blessed. Through this I've been able to see the very best in people when they were at their worst and when every other person was attempting to kick them when they were down. However, all good things must come to an end.

I have sold my practice and am now in the process of moving to the last frontier. This has been a long time dream of myself and my family. When I was just a public defender in Rome my wife would tell me stories from our neighbor who vacationed yearly in Alaska. I grew up watching Dick Proenneke, and dreaming of living in a place where the water was clean, the mountains unspoilt, and with abundant natural resources. Fortunately, we now are in possession of the means to finally do so.

Mr. Frank Marquez is taking over here in Georgia for me. He is an extremely skilled attorney who has been working with me for several years. I've been very impressed with his abilities in and out of the courtroom. I met him when he was a solicitor in Cobb County and remember taking him and his soon to be wife to the shooting range. He's quite skilled with a AR and tends to carry a nice handgun for his EDC. If I needed to hire an attorney, I would hire Frank.

My office number will still be active and if you call it, you'll be placed in the hands of Mr. Marquez. He has agreed to also continuing doing things that have been peripheral to my practice, like trusts. You will be able to reach him through all my email addresses as well as my office number. Frank has much more experience in civil matters than I ever have and will be able to assist you in a wider field of expertise then I have been.

As we move we will be selling off a lot of furniture, household goods, and I have less than two weeks to find a home for three sweet loving dogs. All three are about two feet tall, three feet long, and thirty pounds. All are housebroken, and good with small children (within reason). Shorty saved me from a dog attack once. They are loyal and loving and it breaks my heart I cannot take them with.

I know I have been extremely quiet for about two years. It was necessary to bring this to fruition. Sometimes a lower profile is preferred. Thank you all for understanding and for your continued support and prayers.

I, uh, have things to do. I've put this off for far too long. I regret to announce that this is the end. I'm going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell. Goodbye."

- M. Douglas King II

I hated to see him go today , but the salmon and cool weather , plus a new frontier called him

Same here...more I think about it, the better it sounds...then I think about the snow and cold up there in the Arctic Circle and I think that it's not so bad here in Georgia. :)

Resurrecting an old thread... I've wondered for the past couple of years whatever happened to Doug. He's a great guy and was my divorce attorney back in '07. My divorce cost me a Daniel Defense railed upper and some XM193 ammo (I was an FFL, and no, he didn't shoot my ex). I'm glad he moved to greener pastures.

Back
Top Bottom