• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M&P 2.0 Compact vs. CZ P10C vs. FN 509 vs.....need some opinions

Dogtown Darren

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
287   0
Reaction score
Title kinda says it all.

This is not a "bash Glock" post, obviously they are world renowned firearms. But, frankly, I've grown tired of their platform, and I've sold all of my Glock's. Not to say I won't have another one in the future, but I think that they've been passed by the competition.

I'm looking for the next thing. Problem is, the marketplace is pretty crowded these days. I own a full sized Sig P320 that I like just fine, it's not going anywhere, so...

The M&P 2.0 Compact, CZ P10C, and FN 509 seem to be the next wave of polymer wonder guns. Out of those (or even others that are not listed), what are some real world reviews and pro/cons you could send my way. I don't have the funds to buy more than one, and to be honest, the more I research, the more muddy the water gets.

I’m very, very happy impressed by the M&P 2.0 Compact. I prefer a hammer gun, but I think it’s the best striker fired I’ve tried. Very ergonomic, shoots great, and it’s the exact size of a Glock 19.

Edited to add: Its also really inexpensive. It can be found in the low $400’s, so about $100 less than the comparable Glock.

I went to Adventure Outdoors this evening to fondle a few guns (yeah, I know AO sucks and all that jazz. Say what you will, but they have a boatload of guns under one roof).

The M&P 2.0 Compact was VERY impressive. *MUCH* better trigger than the original M&P's.

The CZ P10C is also VERY sweet. The grip texture is as aggressive as I'd read, LOL. The trigger reset is probably the shortest I've ever felt.

Surprisingly, the Beretta APX is a very nice handgun. Good trigger, good ergos. The styling is a bit odd, but it works.

I was disappointed in the 509. You can tell the build quality is top notch, but the trigger felt gritty, and is not in the same class as the other three guns.

While I was there, I fondled a Gen 5 19 (for like the 3rd or 4th time) just to see if I was, indeed, being too harsh in my initial impressions of it. Sadly, I still don't care for it. To me, the Gen 3 19 is probably the best, but that's certainly a matter of opinion.

Walther PPQ or Canik?

Just throwing out more options to consider if you haven’t already.

I’m really looking hard at a PPQ next.

Or HK VP9. But to me it doesn’t do anything the PPQ doesn’t do except cost more.

I have the M&P on right now!
20171216_203619.jpg

Back
Top Bottom