• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M&P 2.0 Compact vs. CZ P10C vs. FN 509 vs.....need some opinions

Have you thought about the HK VP9? If I had to replace my Glock for another striker fired gun...I’d go with the VP9

I did consider a VP9, but since I already have the full sized Sig P320, it kinda fills that niche (although I admit looking at a 509 and APX totally shoots that thought process down, LOL).

I was thinking about this this morning: There's something to be said for the functional simplicity of a Glock, the suckers just work. But it's amazing to me how the competition has caught them, and arguably PASSED them, this past year.

These are high cotton days for gun enthusiast.

Been rocking the full size 2.0 since it came out. It's an amazing pistol. I've never been a fan of M&P but that 2.0 caused me to toss the Glock on the nightstand. Gearcraft can get you holstered up for it too!

I would like to own the 2.0 compact next

IMG_6143.JPG
IMG_6188.JPG
IMG_7145.JPG

Notice I removed the safety paddles. If you write S&W they'll send you a pair of "safety deletes" for free

I went to Adventure Outdoors this evening to fondle a few guns (yeah, I know AO sucks and all that jazz. Say what you will, but they have a boatload of guns under one roof).

The M&P 2.0 Compact was VERY impressive. *MUCH* better trigger than the original M&P's.

The CZ P10C is also VERY sweet. The grip texture is as aggressive as I'd read, LOL. The trigger reset is probably the shortest I've ever felt.

Surprisingly, the Beretta APX is a very nice handgun. Good trigger, good ergos. The styling is a bit odd, but it works.

I was disappointed in the 509. You can tell the build quality is top notch, but the trigger felt gritty, and is not in the same class as the other three guns.

While I was there, I fondled a Gen 5 19 (for like the 3rd or 4th time) just to see if I was, indeed, being too harsh in my initial impressions of it. Sadly, I still don't care for it. To me, the Gen 3 19 is probably the best, but that's certainly a matter of opinion.

I felt the same way about the 509 trigger when I got it, but after I shot it I was wrong. It is wayyyy cleaner when shooting it than it was playing with it unloaded

Back
Top Bottom