• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M&P Compact vs Ruger MKIII/IV

Owned both, not a competitive rimfire shooter so opted for the all American made .22C M&P threw a tac lite on it and man oh man it's my favorite plinker. Run 5 mags, never had a malfunction. I repeat never. In several bricks of Gemtech and CCI standard. Also ran some of this and that here and there. LOVE IT.
IMG_5540.JPG
IMG_5541.JPG

By "5 mags" I mean I own 5 different mags and all work fabulously as well. No issues with the weapon suppressed or unsuppressed ever. Helping me work with my new 2.0 5" too same eRgos and "close" to scale of regular M&P C

Owned both, not a competitive rimfire shooter so opted for the all American made .22C M&P threw a tac lite on it and man oh man it's my favorite plinker. Run 5 mags, never had a malfunction. I repeat never. In several bricks of Gemtech and CCI standard. Also ran some of this and that here and there. LOVE IT.
View attachment 1254562 View attachment 1254563
By "5 mags" I mean I own 5 different mags and all work fabulously as well. No issues with the weapon suppressed or unsuppressed ever. Helping me work with my new 2.0 5" too same eRgos and "close" to scale of regular M&P C
Dang, that's a good looking setup! Now I'm confused again. I guess I'll just need both....

Both is the proper answer...

I have the M&P and it is a LOT of fun to shoot suppressed! I have a Ruger but it's not threaded.

The 1911 style .22's are cool too. Now that you have the can you'll start collecting hosts.

Dang, that's a good looking setup! Now I'm confused again. I guess I'll just need both....
I've got an M&P 22 Compact. It runs great when suppressed with my Sparrow. It'll eat any junk ammo I feed it with no problem. I guess the extra back pressure makes it run better.

When it's not suppressed it's picky with ammo and likes CCI. Not really a big deal to me because I always run it suppressed, but still something to consider.

The only other issue is the trigger. There's no way to sugar coat it: it sucks. LOL

I live on 29 near Zebs so I'm probably not too far from you. If you've got somewhere we can shoot it, I'll be happy to bring the M&P 22 Compact out and let you try it sometime.

I'd be interested to run the Sparrow and Arc22 on it and hear the difference. FRP is pretty loud on the Sparrow when run dry.

I've got an M&P 22 Compact. It runs great when suppressed with my Sparrow. It'll eat any junk ammo I feed it with no problem. I guess the extra back pressure makes it run better.

When it's not suppressed it's picky with ammo and likes CCI. Not really a big deal to me because I always run it suppressed, but still something to consider.

The only other issue is the trigger. There's no way to sugar coat it: it sucks. LOL

I live on 29 near Zebs so I'm probably not too far from you. If you've got somewhere we can shoot it, I'll be happy to bring the M&P 22 Compact out and let you try it sometime.

I'd be interested to run the Sparrow and Arc22 on it and hear the difference. FRP is pretty loud on the Sparrow when run dry.
Yea, you're only a few miles up the road, but I do most of my shooting at Elbert Co Gun Club. Thanks for the offer :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom