• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M&P Shield 2.0 .380

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
I haven't seen this on here so apologies if it has already been posted. S&W posted this today as a new offering. It has to be better than the Bodyguard, but I wonder about the size of it...? Perhaps this is their answer to the LCP 2?

27458873_10156212978478960_4072957386904167061_n.jpg

Meh. This gun is made for such a small target base it’s probably going to fail. This isn’t going to compete with an LCP for pocket carry, it’s intended for women to carry in their purse. Optional thumb safety for those who don’t want to remember to flip it off, but a grip safety to make someone comfortable with it being in a bag. The “EZ” thing because apparently slides are very hard if you don’t have a cock.
Also I haven’t looked into the actual size but all the pictures make it look like a very large single stack and if so.. why

Saw some speculation over at TFB that the grip safety would disengage hammer spring for easier racking? Also seems to eliminate the hinged trigger that some don't like. Don't think this is for me, but interesting anyway.

Meh. This gun is made for such a small target base it’s probably going to fail. This isn’t going to compete with an LCP for pocket carry, it’s intended for women to carry in their purse. Optional thumb safety for those who don’t want to remember to flip it off, but a grip safety to make someone comfortable with it being in a bag. The “EZ” thing because apparently slides are very hard if you don’t have a ****.
Also I haven’t looked into the actual size but all the pictures make it look like a very large single stack and if so.. why
Or maybe there is a growing market of older people as well as less physically able people who are interested in being able to protect themselves. I think dont like the grip safety and if given the option I think a Shield in 380 with a M&P compact safety would have been perfect for this application. There are millions of people who buy airweight snubs and pocket 380's only to find out they require lots of practice to become proficient and its painful to shoot them enough to get there. There fore they shoot a box through them and either put them away or carry them and never practice. Maybe a firearm with low recoil and easy to operate appeals to a larger market than we realize. I have to remind myself that everyone who buys a firearm for safety isnt a gun guy. Everyone who buys a firearm for safety doesnt waste hours and hours a week every week on gun forums. Some folks are simply seeking simple easy to use protection. Who knows maybe this is it.

Back
Top Bottom