• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M&P Shield Concealed Carry Holster Opinions

HerkyBird

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
5   0
Reaction score
I am going Friday to purchase a Shield 9 to replace the LCP I sold. I need to get a holster...And oh how I hate shopping for holsters. To spend so much (for a decent one) without being able to give it a test drive is an atrocity IMHO. I have been looking at different types of holsters and have pretty much decided that IWB is the way I'm going to go. It seems to me that is what will conceal the sidearm best. I think I will most likely carry in the 4 o'clock position as well, but that is still up for debate. With this in mind, I've found three holsters that I like: Crossbreed Supertuck, Galco King Tuk, and Bianchi Professional.

Question 1: Does anyone have firsthand experience with one or more of these and can offer some sage advice?

Question 2: Any other good holsters I am overlooking?

Question 3: With the extent of my CCing experience being a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster, what other advice can you offer? IWB vs OWB, position, etc.

Thanks

I picked up an Aegis Armory holster for my S&W shield in 9mm. Very comfortable.
The only reason why I bought one from Aegis was because of the exceptional reviews it got online
and it lives up to the hype. I've been carrying it for just over a month now and I have had no troubles.
Aegis Armory
Check them out, great customer service and they are made right here in Flowery Branch, GA.

The only reason why I bought one from Aegis was because of the exceptional reviews it got online
and it lives up to the hype. I've been carrying it for just over a month now and I have had no troubles.
Aegis Armory
Check them out, great customer service and they are made right here in Flowery Branch, GA.

Another great suggestion....and great value.

Aegis Armory

I second this. These are great holsters. Great guy to work w/ also.

I strongly reccomend Aegis Armory. He doesn't forget about his customers once he gets their money. Stephen is a great guy, had the one for my g19 a year so far, just ordered one for my 229. For the money, can't be beat.

Yep go with aegis armory i just got one for my kahr cw9, i carried my shield owb in a bianchi 57 but it's harder to conceal and aegis armory is a local company and great to deal with

Depends on how you're carrying? I recommend for pocket(backup IWB): Remora, for appendix the Klips Kydex appendix holster by Blade Tech, for IWB other than appendix carry the Blackpoint Tactical Mini Wing(Kydex and Leather). They all provide excellent retention and are amazingly comfortable for their POU.

Back
Top Bottom