• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 carbine advice

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
Hi all, for some reason I've never collected an M1. Any advice on what kind of price I should expect to pay for a reasonable military gun, (as apart from the various purely commercial runs).

I'm think good working condition, reasonably presentable, but could be mismatched, not a true 'collectors' item, just a decent representative of the type.

EDIT Wasn't clear to start with M1 Carbine ! :frusty:

Best buy is from the Civilian Marksmanship program. Field grades are $630 and Service grades are $730. None in the store right now and mail orders take about 3 months.

Gunshow prices are about $1,000.

Several on ODT in the $800s and up.

Here is my comment on a facebook group: Secondary market Garand mixmaster $800 Decent condition ME 3
Up to $1000 for a mixmaster in good condition w WWII barrel and all manufacturer components.
Rarer ones like Winchester and IHC add $200-$400 or more

Thanks, seen a variety on gunbroker, from the 600 range, but diffilcut to tell condition from the pics, (possible deliberately !).

Damn foreigner, can't go the CMP route.

Thanks, seen a variety on gunbroker, from the 600 range, but diffilcut to tell condition from the pics, (possible deliberately !).

Damn foreigner, can't go the CMP route.

Avoid any non USGI like CAI or even the new 7 million Springfield. If an import mark doesn't matter than a Blue Sky import will be cheaper just make sure the barrel is in good shape.

@GAGunguy has one of the newer Springfield models. It shot great for me! I don't think he's had any issues with it. It's not a "pure" Garand but at least his is a great shooter.

100yd Garand.jpg

Always that ONE flyer!

100yds at CMP last July.

Many out there. Gunbroker is a good place Inlands $750 if not import marked. rarer manufacturers more. Underwoods $850ish, IBM, NPM, Quality Hardware, Saginaws $900s, Winchesters and Standard Products 1k and Rock-o-las $1,000-$1,200

More if all matching and early features like no bayonet lug barrel band, flip sight and push button safety.

Saw a nice SP here yesterday for $800.
Carbine chart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom