• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 Carbine

RWiseman

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
56   0
Reaction score
I have a M1 Carbine and the markings are confusing me a little. All the marking lead me this is one of the good ones. The marking by different mgt on different parts all add up. It have the flip sites so it was never converted. It has the two cannon barely visible on the stock. On the other side TW POD WH. It and E.F.M. 2140 so I think that's low in production. Looks Click an EP6 on the safety, Inland on the trigger mechanism, D-7161834-7HSA. IN B on flipsides and an S on the other side. An upholstery guy said the strap threads are running in the right direction for that error and this gun and it does have the small oil can that hold the strap in the stock also had and IO in the cut out for the strap.
From what I have read this E.F.M 2140 would be the number count off the assembly line and the HSA would be where another company putting on an M2 bolt for the Korean War. New at this model so I may be far off just wanting to know what I have and what it's worth. Too many contradictory websites out there. Please help if you can.

Attachments

• MacM1.jpg
    MacM1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 44
  • MacM12.jpg
    MacM12.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 43
  • MacM13.jpg
    MacM13.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Macm14.jpg
    Macm14.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Macm15.jpg
    Macm15.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 43
Learn something new everyday!

How did a flip sight get on a carbine that was only made with the adjustable type?

Don't shoot it, it appears from the referenced site that they were never hardened......

I have a M1 Carbine and the markings are confusing me a little. All the marking lead me this is one of the good ones. The marking by different mgt on different parts all add up. It have the flip sites so it was never converted. It has the two cannon barely visible on the stock. On the other side TW POD WH. It and E.F.M. 2140 so I think that's low in production. Looks Click an EP6 on the safety, Inland on the trigger mechanism, D-7161834-7HSA. IN B on flipsides and an S on the other side. An upholstery guy said the strap threads are running in the right direction for that error and this gun and it does have the small oil can that hold the strap in the stock also had and IO in the cut out for the strap.
From what I have read this E.F.M 2140 would be the number count off the assembly line and the HSA would be where another company putting on an M2 bolt for the Korean War. New at this model so I may be far off just wanting to know what I have and what it's worth. Too many contradictory websites out there. Please help if you can.

Pretty much the furthest thing from one of the good ones. But with all the usgi parts it has value there.

IN B Flip sight is one of the most repro'd parts out there so probably not an original GI flip sight, there are a ton on ebay every day and Numrich sells a flip, not advertised with stamping but is marked IN B when you get them. Purple color on parts is a result when the blue over park, HSA slide is post war. Value? Maybe $400 if you are lucky

Learn something new everyday!

How did a flip sight get on a carbine that was only made with the adjustable type?

Don't shoot it, it appears from the referenced site that they were never hardened......

She shoots like a dream, very smooth. On the M1 prior to WWII were built with the flip sites and the distance sites were added later on. To me the only thing that doesn't see original is the cocking mechanism. There is not indication that had been aultered

She shoots like a dream, very smooth. On the M1 prior to WWII were built with the flip sites and the distance sites were added later on. To me the only thing that doesn't see original is the cocking mechanism. There is not indication that had been aultered

It is a post war commercial made with some USGI surplus parts.

As mentioned, the parts have some value, but the receiver should be considered dangerous until you have the hardness checked.

There are no "M1 carbines built prior to WW2", they were designed and built during WW2.

IN B Flip sight is one of the most repro'd parts out there so probably not an original GI flip sight, there are a ton on ebay every day and Numrich sells a flip, not advertised with stamping but is marked IN B when you get them. Purple color on parts is a result when the blue over park, HSA slide is post war. Value? Maybe $400 if you are lucky
What do you mean by Blue over Park? and would a replacemunt flip have and IM B on one side and an S on the oposite. It's just there doesn't seem to be any indication or rework and this thing has been on here a long time hare to even flip.
Oh and thank you for the input just trying to help out a friend here.

Part of my research lead me to believe that the H.S.A Slide mechanism was added post Korean war to make it more like the M2 and the
upload_2017-8-8_8-49-1.png
piece was never added to this gun which was common with reproductions. Not sure what it is but I've been told it was a bayonet attachment? Am I wrong here? In all the earlier schematics of the M1 WWII and before, the piece is not there. It would seem this was only introduced much later.

Back
Top Bottom