• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 Carbine

It is a post war commercial made with some USGI surplus parts.

As mentioned, the parts have some value, but the receiver should be considered dangerous until you have the hardness checked.

There are no "M1 carbines built prior to WW2", they were designed and built during WW2.
Got you, thanks, I'll tell my buddy to quit shooting it.

IN B Flip sight is one of the most repro'd parts out there so probably not an original GI flip sight, there are a ton on ebay every day and Numrich sells a flip, not advertised with stamping but is marked IN B when you get them. Purple color on parts is a result when the blue over park, HSA slide is post war. Value? Maybe $400 if you are lucky
"Purple color on parts is a result when the blue over park" can you explain that to me, does have anything to do with the harding process that one of the ODT memebers mentioned.

"Purple color on parts is a result when the blue over park" can you explain that to me, does have anything to do with the harding process that one of the ODT memebers mentioned.

im not 100% on his meaning but my guess is taht the gun was blued after being parkerized

many examples of carbines coming back from being used in Germany after WWII have purplish colored parts, trigger housings, etc. This was a result of the carbine having a blue finish applied over the parkerized finish. http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=135823

Back
Top Bottom