Trader805

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
230   0
Reaction score
How well does the lower work (especially in Auto mode) with:
- 9mm upper and Stern Defense mag adapter
- 300 blk upper
- 7.62x39 upper and mags (I am reading very mixed reviews on the mags)
- .22 conversions and mags

What have you used that worked and didn’t work?

Thanks

9mm is mainly going to depend on how well the magwell adapter works. I am not familiar with that particular one so I can't say for sure.

.300Blk is good to go.

762x39 has issues with mags like you mentioned but that applies to semi or full auto. From what we see a good quality BCG and ASC mags are the keys here.

22LR can be frustrating but we have had good luck with a dedicated 22 barrel, CMMG bolt, sear trip and 22 charging handle. The CMMG bolts like to break firing pins so buy extras. Like Zach said you may need a lighter hammer spring like the ALG purple spring. Good quality black dog mags help also.

Never used that adapter for the mags. But personally I didn't care for 9mm (well except for the FM-9 belt fed upper) on my sear'd guns. It's rough on them. Cyclic rate was way high too.

.300blk is heavenly suppressed on a M16. Like a sewing machine! Only bad part is, you'll spend a ton of money in hurry!

I've never ran my 7.62x39 upper on my M16s. Maybe I should try it. But I have had zero problems with the x39 AR with the ASC mags. I suspect without a good break though, you're going to see some recoil though by it's nature.

22LR is fun in any machine gun, but almost everything I've played with are conversion devices. They're all finicky to say the least. Well except a open bolt 10/22, those run, with good mags.

I should also mention that my 9mm comment should be taken with a grain of salt. I forgot to mention I was using a 4" barrel. (to use a carbine full float hand guard to "integrally" suppress it) The belt fed FM-9 upper is pleasant, but a lot of energy is being bled off working the feed mech. And it's at least a 6" barrel. (I've got a 10" that I haven't used)

Back
Top Bottom